01 02 03 Craftmosh: Flower Challenge #4 - The Ton Wild Peonies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Flower Challenge #4 - The Ton Wild Peonies

34
Hi Everyone!

OK I will say right now I had zero idea where I was going with this card.  I knew three things - I wanted to do a Flower card to enter the Flower Challenge, it had to be yellow and blue, and I wanted to play with watercolours.  That's it.

So, I started off with some watercolour paper and The Ton Stamps Wild Peonies stamp set and got busy.  I used the MISTI to stamp the outline peony images in Versamark (using my embossing powder tool first) and then heat embossed in Ranger superfine gold. I then cut masks of those four images and proceeded to half cover my paper in embossed peonies.  Two things I discovered - use the embossing powder tool between every heat embossing. and make sure you use a dry paintbursh to remove the flecks that inevitably get stuck where the masks were BEFORE you heat emboss!



At the end I added a few leaf images from the set.  I then used my Mission Gold watercolours and a round brush to paint the flowers and allowed to dry.  For the background I blended on some Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress inks, and then used the Distress sprayer to squirt water speckles onto it. 

To finish the card, I die cut the watercoloured piece using Simon Says Stamps' stitched rectangles and adhered the whole thing to a Neenah Solar White 110lb card base.   I stacked three hello die cuts from Altenew's Halftone Hello die set using Neenah Solar White and liquid adhesive and added to the card.  I then coated the whole word in clear Nuvo Drops.  Weirdly after they dried they cracked, like crackle glaze!   I also added some co-ordinating yellow and blue Nuvo Drops.  I LOVE NUVO DROPS!!! :D


That's it - kind of a random pattern that turned out into quite a decent card in the end - and I stuck to my NY Resolution to use what I had!!

I'm entering this into the Flower Challenge this week.  Great new challenge I strongly encourage you all to check it out.



Jenny x




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38